Thursday, October 6, 2011

Die For Me by Amy Plum


My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

 Hey guys! Once again another fantastic book. It's really surprising that this is Amy Plum's first novel because it's amazing. I really like her writing, I didn't find myself getting distracted while reading, and nothing about the book was boring.

 Kate's life was completely normal until a terrible car crash took her parents away, leaving her and her sister as orphans. Now they must go and live with their grandparents in Paris. Paris?! Awesome right? Yeah, not so much. Everywhere Kate goes it reminds her of her parents, consirding they went to visit every summer. She tries her hardest to avoid the little Cafe they used to go to and the river that they once walked along with their parents. So, the easiest thing for Kate and her sister (Georgia) to do is try to avoid thinking about their parents and their old life. Kate's way of escaping is to go to museums and just sit in front of a painting, close her eyes, and clear her mind. Georgia goes clubbing to dance her sorrows away. But they can't keep their pain bottled up forever. Just as Kate thought her shattered heart could never be fixed, Vincent came into her life.

 Vincent. Vincent. Vincent. You can't help but fall in love with him! He's a complete gentleman and is really romantic. He seems like just a normal breath taking, goregous, mysterious Paris guy. And as soon as Kate spots him at the Cafe Saint-Lucie she can't help but be breathless as he stared at her.Vincent starts to take an interest in Kate and sweeps her off her feet. But he's not exactly normal; he has a terrifying destiny that puts his life in danger everyday. Not only that but he has enemies that will do anything to destroy him. Kate has to choose if she wants to take the same fearful road as Vincent or somehow survive without him. Will the feelings she has for him be enough to stay with him? Or will she move on because she can't handle losing someone else?

 As everything starts to become dangerous Kate starts to fear for not only Vincent, but her family. Geogria is all she has left and they would never survive without one another. Is risking your family's safety and your own really worth it for a chance at love? And what if something happens to Vincent? Will she let herself get attached to Vincent and fall in love? Or just walk away before anything builds up?
 Adios!
-Tori :D

No comments:

Post a Comment